Find Assisted Living in Oklahoma Near You
Search 467 assisted living facilities
Assisted living facilities play a crucial role in enhancing the quality of life for seniors in Oklahoma. As the population ages, the demand for specialized care tailored to the unique needs of seniors has grown, leading to the development of numerous Oklahoma assisted living facilities. These facilities are designed to provide a supportive environment for older individuals, ensuring their well-being and maintaining a sense of independence.
Oklahoma assisted living facilities offer a range of services to meet the diverse needs of seniors. From assistance with daily activities to healthcare support, these facilities aim to create a secure and comfortable living environment. Residents benefit from the presence of trained staff who are dedicated to fostering a sense of community while addressing individual needs.
Assisted senior living in Oklahoma is characterized by a commitment to maintaining residents' dignity and autonomy. Many facilities emphasize personalized care plans, recognizing that each senior has unique requirements. This approach ensures that seniors receive the support they need, whether it's assistance with medication management, mobility, or activities of daily living.
In Oklahoma, assisted living communities are often strategically located to provide seniors with access to local amenities and a connection to the broader community. These communities are designed to offer a blend of privacy and social interaction, enabling residents to engage in activities they enjoy while fostering a sense of belonging.
The state's assisted living facilities also prioritize safety and security. With features such as 24-hour staff availability, emergency response systems, and well-maintained living spaces, seniors and their families can have peace of mind knowing that their loved ones are in a secure environment.
As the demand for assisted living continues to grow in Oklahoma, the state has witnessed the development of diverse and innovative senior care options. Families seeking quality care for their loved ones can explore the variety of Oklahoma assisted living facilities, each offering a unique blend of services and amenities to support the well-being of seniors in the Sooner State.
Top 20 Assisted Living Facilities in Oklahoma
Lyndale Edmond is an assisted living home in Edmond, Oklahoma in the 73013 zip code area. Nestled at 1225 Lakeshore Drive inside Oklahoma county, Lyndale Edmond provides retirement living to all older adults who live in Edmond and offers a family-friendly environment, as well as dietary menu for diabetics, dining assistance and a library. It can accommodate a maximum of 52 55 and older adults at a time.
Grandwood Assisted Living is a senior assisted living community in Adair county, Oklahoma. It is situated at 2001 Sunrise Boulevard in Grove, Oklahoma and offers senior care and living to retirees who reside in the Adair county area. Grandwood Assisted Living can provide accommodation to no more than 60 seniors at once. Some of the amenities offered by Grandwood Assisted Living include memory care for dementia and Alzheimer’s, physician services and daily activities assistance. Retired adults who are looking for retirement facilities in Adair county, Oklahoma near the 74344 zip code area will feel great about selecting Grandwood Assisted Living as their retirement residence.
Crystal Place is a pet-friendly assisted living facility in Oklahoma county, Oklahoma that offers numerous amenities to its residents. It is situated at 400 Southwest 79th Street in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73139 zip code area. Some of the amenities provided by Crystal Place include wheelchair-accessible facilities, private and companion suites and laundry service. Crystal Place can provide retirement living to a maximum of 50 older adults.
Town Village Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma that accepts Medicare and Medicaid to cover some of the cost for retirement living. Town Village Assisted Living is located at 13000 N. May Avenue in Oklahoma county and offers amenities such as tree-lined walking paths, large apartment suites, special dining menu for birthdays and caregivers on-call all day and night. It can provide senior citizens living in Oklahoma county a maximum of 33 assisted living units.
When searching for luxurious assisted living centers in Hennessey, Oklahoma, you will come across Hennessey Nursing & Rehab, located at 705 East 3rd Street, 73742 zip code area. Hennessey Nursing & Rehab enables seniors living in Kingfisher county in Oklahoma to experience senior living at its best. With community amenities that include incontinence and dressing help, visiting physician services and in-house religious services, seniors should feel wonderful about choosing Hennessey Nursing & Rehab as their retirement community. It can accommodate seniors living in Kingfisher county with up to 50 assisted senior living units.
Finding the best senior assisted living community in Seiling, Oklahoma is hard, however it’s possible if you look at Seiling Nursing Center. It is located at Highway 60 North and offers services that include in-house doctor visits, pet-friendly facilities and medication coordination. Seiling Nursing Center provides a total of 31 senior living units to Dewey county 55 and over adults.
Willow Haven Nursing Home is a senior assisted living community located in Tonkawa, Oklahoma at 1301 North 5th Street. It offers retirees in Tonkawa and nearby areas who are searching for retirement residences in Kay county amenities that include medication management, 24/7 front desk assistance, nursing services and bed and linen services, health condition monitoring. Willow Haven Nursing Home includes 49 assisted senior living units.
Those elderly adults who require aid with daily activities and want an assisted living community in Wakita, Oklahoma should consider Community Health Center. It can accommodate a total of 52 retirees. Community Health Center assists with daily tasks that include taking a bath, putting on clothes, help moving around and other nursing care as needed. It offers amenities like help managing medications and dietary menu for diabetics.
The Renaissance Of Stillwater-assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Payne county that provides board and care services for senior citizens who reside in Stillwater, Oklahoma and surrounding areas. It’s situated in the 74075 zip code area at 1400 East Mcelroy and offers amenities such as three nutritious meals per day, physician services, regular housekeeping service and newly renovated retirement apartments. It includes a total of 40 retirement living units.
Integris Bass Baptist Health Center is an assisted living home located in Enid, Oklahoma in Garfield county. It is best suited for retired adults who need personal care all under one roof. Integris Bass Baptist Health Center is located at 600 South Monroe Street in the 73701 zip code and offers amenities like on-site occupational therapy, religious services and hygiene assistance. It has a capacity of 21 assisted living units.
Grace Living Center - Clinton is an assisted living facility in Clinton, Oklahoma in the 73601 zip code area. Nestled at 2400 West Modelle inside Custer county, Grace Living Center - Clinton provides retirement living to all 55 and older adults who live in Clinton and offers a homey environment, as well as three delicious daily meals, medication review and a fitness room. It can house a maximum of 100 55 and older adults at a time.
Cedar Creek Nursing Center is a senior assisted living community in Cleveland county, Oklahoma. It is situated at 600 24th Avenue Southwest in Norman, Oklahoma and offers senior care and living to retired adults who reside in the Cleveland county area. Cedar Creek Nursing Center can provide care and housing to no more than 89 seniors at once. Some of the features provided by Cedar Creek Nursing Center include dementia and Alzheimer’s care, assistance with daily living and personal care services. Senior citizens who are looking for retirement communities in Cleveland county, Oklahoma near the 73069 zip code area will feel wonderful about choosing Cedar Creek Nursing Center as their retirement residence.
Grace Living Center - Mangum is a pet-friendly assisted living community in Greer county, Oklahoma that provides many amenities to its residents. It is situated at 320 Carey Street in Mangum, Oklahoma, 73554 zip code area. A few of the services offered by Grace Living Center - Mangum include movie nights, medication administration by licensed nurses and personal laundry service. Grace Living Center - Mangum can offer retirement living to up to 140 older adults.
Storey Oaks is a senior assisted living community in Tulsa, Oklahoma that accepts Medicaid and Medicare to cover some of the cost for retirement living. Storey Oaks is located at 7210 South Yale Avenue in Tulsa county and offers features such as beautifully landscaped walking paths, large apartments, a fitness room and caregiving staff on-call 24/7. It can provide elderly adults living in Tulsa county up to 66 assisted living units.
When trying to find luxury senior assisted living communities in Antlers, Oklahoma, you will come across Antlers Manor, located at 511 East Main, 74523 zip code area. Antlers Manor enables retired adults living in Pushmataha county in Oklahoma to experience senior living at its best. With community amenities like personal hygiene help, health condition monitoring and chef-prepared meals, retired adults should feel wonderful about picking Antlers Manor as their retirement community. It can accommodate retired adults living in Pushmataha county with a maximum of 133 senior living units.
Finding the best assisted living facility in Norman, Oklahoma is not easy, but it’s possible when you look at Grace Living Center - Norman. It is located at 201 48th Avenue Southwest and provides services such as linen and housekeeping service, pet services and daily exercise programs. Grace Living Center - Norman provides a total of 136 senior living units to Cleveland county senior citizens.
Memorial Nursing Center is an assisted living home located in Frederick, Oklahoma at 319 East Josephine. It offers senior citizens in Frederick and nearby areas who are trying to find retirement residences in Tillman county amenities that include help managing medications, concierge services, healthcare center and expanded dietary menu, dining assistance. Memorial Nursing Center offers 30 assisted living units.
Those retired adults who need assistance with everyday tasks and desire an assisted living community in Ponca City, Oklahoma should consider Ponca City Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. It can provide retirement living to a total of 157 residents. Ponca City Nursing & Rehabilitation Center assists with daily tasks such as taking a shower, getting dressed, transferring and other nursing care as required. It provides amenities such as modern retirement units and breakfast lunch and dinner meals.
Brookhaven Extensive Care is an assisted living center in Cleveland county that includes board and care services for older adults who reside in Norman, Oklahoma and nearby areas. It’s situated in the 73072 zip code area at 1050 Rambling Oaks Drive and offers amenities such as rehabilitation services, scheduled wellness visits, regular housekeeping service and newly updated retirement apartments. It includes a total of 52 retirement living units.
Eastwood Manor is an assisted living center located in Commerce, Oklahoma in Ottawa county. It is perfect 55 and older adults who need caregiving and housing all in one location. Eastwood Manor is situated at 6th And Highway 69 in the 74339 zip code and provides amenities such as three nutritious meals per day, stimulating and engaging activities and visiting physician services. It has a capacity of 80 senior living units.
- Adair County
- Beckham County
- Broken Arrow
- Bryan County
- Canadian County
- Carter County
- Cherokee County
- Cleveland County
- Comanche County
- Craig County
- Creek County
- Custer County
- Del City
- El Reno
- Elk City
- Garfield County
- Garvin County
- Grady County
- Jackson County
- Kay County
- Kingfisher County
- LeFlore County
- Lincoln County
- Logan County
- Mayes County
- McClain County
- Midwest City
- Muskogee County
- Okfuskee County
- Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma County
- Okmulgee County
- Osage County
- Ottawa County
- Pauls Valley
- Pittsburg County
- Ponca City
- Pontotoc County
- Pottawatomie County
- Rogers County
- Sand Springs
- Seminole County
- Sequoyah County
- Stephens County
- Tillman County
- Tulsa County
- Wagoner County
- Washington County
Cost of Assisted Living in Oklahoma
The cost of assisted living in Oklahoma can vary based on several factors, including location, amenities, and the level of care provided. As of now, the average monthly cost for assisted living in the state is around $3,500 to $4,500. This cost typically covers accommodation, meals, basic housekeeping, and some level of assistance with daily activities.
In urban areas like Oklahoma City or Tulsa, where the demand for senior living facilities is higher, the costs tend to be on the higher side. In contrast, smaller towns or rural areas may offer more affordable options.
It's important to note that these costs can fluctuate based on the specific services and amenities offered by each facility. For instance, if a facility provides specialized medical care or additional recreational activities, the costs may be higher.
Potential residents and their families should carefully review the pricing structure of each assisted living facility to understand exactly what is included in the quoted cost. Additionally, inquire about any potential additional fees or charges that may not be immediately apparent, ensuring a transparent understanding of the overall financial commitment.
Amenities in Oklahoma Assisted Living Facilities
Assisted living facilities in Oklahoma offer a range of amenities aimed at enhancing the overall quality of life for their residents. These amenities go beyond the basic needs and contribute to a more comfortable and engaging living environment.
Accommodations: Most facilities provide private or semi-private living spaces, allowing residents to have their own personal space while fostering a sense of independence.
Dining Services: Assisted living communities in Oklahoma often offer communal dining areas where residents can enjoy nutritious meals together. Dietary preferences and restrictions are typically accommodated.
Social and Recreational Activities: Facilities organize various social and recreational activities to keep residents engaged and promote a sense of community. This may include exercise classes, games, outings, and cultural events.
Healthcare Services: While assisted living is not equivalent to skilled nursing care, many facilities provide basic healthcare services, including medication management and assistance with activities of daily living.
Transportation Services: Some facilities offer transportation services for residents to attend medical appointments, go shopping, or participate in community events, ensuring they remain connected to the broader community.
Security and Safety Measures: Ensuring the safety of residents is a priority for assisted living facilities. This may include 24-hour staff availability, emergency response systems, and secure living spaces.
Understanding the amenities offered by each facility is crucial when making a decision. Families should consider the specific needs and preferences of their loved ones to find a facility that aligns with their lifestyle and provides the necessary support and engagement.
How to Choose an Assisted Living Facility For Your Loved One in Oklahoma
Choosing the right assisted living facility for a loved one in Oklahoma requires careful consideration of various factors. Here's a guide to help navigate this important decision:
- Evaluate the specific needs of your loved one, considering factors such as mobility, medical requirements, and assistance with daily activities. Different facilities cater to varying levels of care, so understanding these needs is crucial.
- Consider the location of the facility. Some seniors prefer to stay close to their existing community or family, while others may be open to relocation. Assess the proximity to medical facilities, shopping centers, and recreational areas.
- Understand the cost structure of each facility. Inquire about the services included in the base cost and any additional fees. Compare these costs against the budget while also considering the value provided.
- Schedule visits to potential assisted living facilities. Pay attention to the cleanliness, friendliness of staff, and the overall atmosphere. Speak with current residents and their families to gain insights into their experiences.
- Inquire about the qualifications and training of the staff. Understanding the staff-to-resident ratio is important for ensuring that your loved one receives adequate attention and care.
Activities and Amenities:
- Assess the activities and amenities offered. Consider your loved one's interests and preferences. A facility with a variety of recreational options can contribute significantly to their overall well-being.
- Carefully review the terms of the contract before making a decision. Ensure you understand the terms, cancellation policies, and any potential changes in fees. Seek legal advice if necessary.
Ask for References:
- Request references from current residents or their families. Hearing about the experiences of others can provide valuable insights into the daily life and satisfaction levels within the facility.
- Confirm that the facility is licensed and complies with state regulations. This ensures a baseline level of quality and safety for residents.
Trust Your Instincts:
- Finally, trust your instincts. If something doesn't feel right during visits or interactions, explore those concerns further. Your intuition can be a valuable guide in making the best decision for your loved one.
By taking a thoughtful and systematic approach to choosing an assisted living facility in Oklahoma, you can help ensure that your loved one receives the care and support they need in a comfortable and enriching environment.
Touring Assisted Living Facilities in Oklahoma
Touring assisted living facilities in Oklahoma is a crucial step in finding the right place for your loved one. Here's a guide to help you make the most out of your visits:
- Before visiting any facility, call ahead to schedule appointments. This ensures that staff can allocate time to give you a comprehensive tour and answer any questions you may have.
Observe Cleanliness and Maintenance:
- Pay attention to the cleanliness and maintenance of the facility. A well-kept environment is indicative of the level of care provided. Notice the common areas, resident rooms, and outdoor spaces.
Interact with Staff:
- Engage with the staff during your tour. Observe their friendliness, attentiveness, and willingness to address your inquiries. A positive and responsive staff is essential for the well-being of residents.
Ask About Staff-to-Resident Ratio:
- Inquire about the staff-to-resident ratio. This ratio impacts the amount of individual attention each resident receives. Understanding this helps ensure that your loved one's needs will be adequately met.
Explore Living Spaces:
- Take the time to explore different types of living spaces available. Whether private or shared, ensure that the accommodation aligns with your loved one's preferences and needs. Consider factors like privacy, accessibility, and comfort.
- Ask about the meal services and dining areas. Assess the variety and nutritional value of the meals provided. If possible, join a meal to experience the dining atmosphere and quality of food firsthand.
Engage with Residents:
- During your tour, interact with current residents if possible. Their insights can provide valuable perspectives on daily life within the facility. Ask about their experiences and how they feel about the community.
Activities and Amenities:
- Inquire about the activities and amenities offered. Facilities often organize various programs to keep residents engaged. Ensure that these align with your loved one's interests and contribute to a fulfilling lifestyle.
- Discuss safety measures in place. Inquire about emergency response systems, security protocols, and any specific measures related to health concerns your loved one may have.
- If transportation is a consideration, ask about the facility's transportation services. Check if they provide transportation for medical appointments, shopping, and other community activities.
Review Contracts and Policies:
- Take the time to review contracts and policies. Understand the terms, including fees, services covered, and any potential changes in the future. This transparency is crucial for making an informed decision.
Check for Licensing and Accreditation:
- Ensure that the facility is licensed and accredited. This signifies compliance with state regulations and adherence to industry standards, providing assurance of quality care.
By thoroughly touring assisted living facilities in Oklahoma and addressing these key aspects, you can gather the information needed to make an informed decision about the best place for your loved one.
When is it Time for Assisted Living in Oklahoma?
Recognizing when it's time for assisted living in Oklahoma involves paying attention to various signs and assessing your loved one's changing needs. Here are factors to consider:
Decline in Physical Health:
- If your loved one is experiencing a decline in physical health, struggles with mobility, or faces challenges in managing daily activities like bathing and dressing, it may be time to consider assisted living.
Isolation and Loneliness:
- Seniors may become isolated or lonely, especially if they live alone. If social interactions decrease, leading to feelings of loneliness, an assisted living community can provide a supportive environment with social opportunities.
- Safety is a paramount consideration. If your loved one's living environment poses safety risks, such as uneven flooring, poor lighting, or inadequate security measures, transitioning to assisted living can provide a safer and more secure setting.
- For individuals experiencing cognitive decline, including conditions like dementia or Alzheimer's, assisted living facilities with specialized memory care units may offer the structured environment and trained staff necessary for their well-being.
- If you or other family members serving as caregivers are experiencing burnout, it may be an indication that additional support is needed. Assisted living can relieve the burden on family caregivers while ensuring that the senior's needs are met.
Medication Management Challenges:
- Difficulty managing medications can be a sign that more comprehensive assistance is required. Assisted living facilities typically provide medication management services to ensure residents receive the correct medications at the right times.
- If your loved one is struggling with meal preparation or has challenges maintaining a balanced diet, assisted living communities offer dining services that cater to nutritional needs while also providing a social dining experience.
Limited Access to Healthcare:
- If your loved one has limited access to healthcare resources or struggles to attend medical appointments independently, an assisted living facility with transportation services can address these concerns.
Difficulty Managing Household Tasks:
- Difficulty managing household tasks, such as cleaning, laundry, and maintenance, can signal a need for additional support. Assisted living facilities handle these tasks, allowing residents to focus on enjoying life.
Wandering or Getting Lost:
- For individuals with conditions like dementia, wandering or getting lost can pose serious risks. Specialized memory care in assisted living facilities provides a secure environment with trained staff to address these challenges.
Unexplained Weight Loss or Changes in Hygiene:
- Significant changes in weight or hygiene may indicate difficulties in self-care. Assisted living facilities offer assistance with personal care, ensuring that residents maintain their health and well-being.
Resistance to In-Home Care:
- If your loved one resists in-home care services, it may be a sign that a more communal living arrangement in an assisted living facility is a preferable option.
Assessing these factors in conjunction with your loved one's specific needs will help determine the appropriate time for transitioning to assisted living in Oklahoma. It's essential to have open and honest conversations with your loved one and involve them in the decision-making process to ensure a smooth and supportive transition.
Frequently Asked Questions About Assisted Living in Oklahoma
What are the average costs of assisted living in Oklahoma?
The average costs of assisted living in Oklahoma can vary based on factors such as location, amenities, and the level of care provided. On average, monthly costs range from $3,500 to $4,500. It's important to consider the specific services included in these costs and any additional fees that may apply.
Are there financial assistance programs available for assisted living in Oklahoma?
Yes, Oklahoma offers financial assistance programs for seniors, such as the Medicaid State Plan Personal Care program. Additionally, the Advantage Waiver program provides support for seniors who require assistance with daily living activities. Eligibility criteria apply, and it's advisable to check with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services for detailed information.
What types of living arrangements are available in assisted living facilities in Oklahoma?
Assisted living facilities in Oklahoma offer various living arrangements, including private and semi-private rooms. The choice depends on the resident's preferences and budget. Exploring these options during facility tours allows families to make informed decisions based on the individual needs of their loved ones.
How do I know if assisted living is the right choice for my loved one in Oklahoma?
Assessing the need for assisted living involves considering factors such as declining physical health, isolation, safety concerns, and challenges in managing daily activities. Engaging in open conversations with your loved one, exploring available options, and touring facilities can help determine if assisted living is the appropriate choice for their well-being.
What amenities and services are typically offered in assisted living facilities in Oklahoma?
Assisted living facilities in Oklahoma provide a range of amenities and services, including dining services, social and recreational activities, healthcare assistance, transportation services, and security measures. The specific offerings may vary among facilities, so it's essential to inquire about the amenities that align with the preferences and needs of the resident.
How can I verify the licensing and accreditation of assisted living facilities in Oklahoma?
To verify the licensing and accreditation of assisted living facilities in Oklahoma, you can check with the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Ensuring that a facility meets state regulations and industry standards is crucial for the safety and well-being of residents.
Can residents personalize their living spaces in assisted living facilities?
Yes, residents in Oklahoma assisted living facilities can often personalize their living spaces with personal belongings and furnishings. This allows them to create a comfortable and familiar environment while enjoying the support and amenities provided by the facility.
What types of healthcare services are available in assisted living facilities in Oklahoma?
While assisted living is not equivalent to skilled nursing care, facilities in Oklahoma often provide basic healthcare services. This may include medication management, assistance with activities of daily living, and coordination with external healthcare providers for more specialized medical needs.
How can I involve my loved one in the decision-making process for assisted living?
Involving your loved one in the decision-making process for assisted living in Oklahoma is crucial for a smooth transition. Engage in open communication, consider their preferences and concerns, and take them on facility tours. Including them in the decision ensures that their needs and wishes are taken into account.
Are there specialized care options for individuals with memory issues in Oklahoma assisted living facilities?
Yes, many assisted living facilities in Oklahoma offer specialized memory care units for individuals with conditions such as dementia or Alzheimer's. These units provide a structured environment, trained staff, and specific programs tailored to the unique needs of residents with memory issues.
Talk to a retirement living expert. 100% free, no obligation information.(888) 989-7961