Sunrise House is a retirement facility located in Wasilla in the 99654 zip code area. Some of the services it offers to Alaska seniors include 5 senior apartments, assisted living, memory care and senior living units. Full list of services and amenities offered by Sunrise House can be seen below.
Address: 801 S. Hermon Rd., Wasilla, Alaska 99654
County: Matanuska-Susitna Borough
Capacity: 5 senior citizens
Licence# 100689See Pricing & Availability
Sunrise House - Amenities:
Sunrise House offers numerous amenities to senior citizens, including:
- Transportation to appointments
- Monthly doctor visits
- Therapy section
- Keypad entry
- Utilities included, except phone
- Help with laundry
- 3 A-La Carte Dining Meals
- Specially trained staff members on-call 24/7
- Library room
- Daily entertainment
- Communal kitchen area
- Panic and call buttons in every room
- Beautifully manicured walking paths
- Computer section
- Games and entertainment area
- Community dining room
- Staff registered nurse
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed nurse
- High definition TVs
- 24/7 security
- Scheduled outings and gatherings for residents and their families
- Optional concierge service
- Wellness services and activities
- Dedicated movie viewing area
Sunrise House - Assisted Living & Care Services:
Sunrise House helps older adults with a large number of daily living activities including:
- On-site physical and occupation therapy
- Special services for Parkinson's disease patients
- Help with getting dressed
- Help taking a bath
- Manually feeding if required
Sunrise House - Accommodation Options:
Choosing the perfect senior apartment option will be easy at Sunrise House, with the following apartment options available:
- Semi-private living quarters
- Well-sized apartments specifically equipped for senior living
- Studio suites
- One bedroom apartments
Frequently Asked Questions
What services are typically offered in retirement communities?
Retirement communities such as Sunrise House often provide a range of services tailored to seniors' needs. These services may include independent living options, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing care. Common amenities include dining facilities, recreational activities, fitness centers, and transportation services. Some communities also offer on-site medical care and assistance with daily living tasks. It's important to research specific retirement communities to understand the services they offer as they can vary widely.
How do I determine if Sunrise House is the right retirement community for my needs?
Choosing the right retirement community involves careful consideration of your individual needs and preferences. Start by determining your budget and location preferences. Next, assess the level of care you require, whether it's independent living, assisted living, or specialized care for conditions like dementia. Visit potential communities such as Sunrise House to assess the environment, amenities, and the friendliness of the staff. Talk to current residents to get their perspectives. Additionally, consult with family members and healthcare professionals for their input. Ultimately, the right retirement community will align with your lifestyle, care needs, and budget.
What is the cost structure of retirement communities like Sunrise House?
The cost of retirement communities such as Sunrise House can vary widely based on several factors. These factors include location, the type of community (e.g., independent living, assisted living, or memory care), the size of the living space, and the range of services and amenities provided. Monthly fees typically cover accommodation, meals, utilities, maintenance, and some level of healthcare services. Some communities may also require an entrance fee or a buy-in fee, which can be a significant upfront cost. It's crucial to thoroughly review the pricing structure and contracts before choosing a retirement community to ensure you understand all associated costs and payment options.
Are there age requirements to live in Sunrise House?
Most retirement communities have age requirements to ensure that their residents are of retirement age. Typically, this age is set at 55 or older, but it can vary among communities. Some communities may have specific age restrictions for different levels of care within the community. It's essential to check with Sunrise House to understand their age requirements and any exceptions they may offer.
Can I bring my pet to Sunrise House?
The pet policies in retirement communities vary. Some communities are pet-friendly and allow residents to bring their pets, while others have restrictions on the types and sizes of pets allowed. There may also be rules regarding pet care responsibilities and designated pet-friendly areas within the community. If having a pet is essential to you, it's crucial to inquire about the specific pet policies at Sunrise House and ensure they align with your needs and preferences.
What should I consider when planning for the financial aspects of retirement community living?
Planning for the financial aspects of retirement community living is essential. Start by assessing your current financial situation, including your savings, investments, and income sources such as pensions or Social Security. Determine your budget for monthly living expenses and factor in the cost of the retirement community, including any entrance fees or buy-in fees. Consider whether you may need to access long-term care insurance or Medicaid in the future. It's advisable to consult with a financial advisor or eldercare specialist to create a comprehensive financial plan that ensures you can comfortably afford retirement community living while maintaining financial security.
Consider other retirement facilities nearby:
All Retirement Facilities Near You:
- Amber Drive - Wasilla, AK
- Primrose Alh - Wasilla, AK
- Mssca - Kertulla Court #2 - Wasilla, AK
- Colony House - Wasilla, AK
- Caring Hands And Homes - Wasilla, AK
- Miracle Home Care - Wasilla, AK
- Denali Ridge Assisted Living - Wasilla, AK
- Highbank Home - Wasilla, AK
- J&j Independent Living - Colossus #4 - Wasilla, AK
- Colony Manor At Creekside - Wasilla, AK
- Yancey Alh - Wasilla, AK
- Bright Horizon Homes Ii - Wasilla, AK
- Wickersham House - Wasilla, AK
- Windy Ridge Alh - Wasilla, AK
- Golden Agers Home Care - Wasilla, AK
- Moore Hands Of Care - Wasilla, AK
- J&j Independent Living - Wolverine House - Wasilla, AK
- Keita Place Alh Ii - Wasilla, AK
- Granny's Log Cabin - Wasilla, AK
- Caring Hands Assisted Living - Wasilla, AK
Talk to a retirement living expert. 100% free, no obligation information.(888) 989-7961